We made this at our rheumaholiday last fall and a few people asked for the recipe. Although I have since given it to them, I still thought this would be a perfect place to share. This recipe is was passed along to me from a family friend, sorry I don't know the original source. It is absolutely moist and delicious. We like to eat it with a white bean and chicken chili, but it goes great with any soup or red chili.
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
1 can cream style corn
4 eggs
1 c. flour
1 c. yellow cornmeal
4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. Mexican blend cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs mixing well. Mix together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Mix in flour mixture and remaining ingredients. Pour into greased and floured 9 x 13 baking dish. Reduce oven to 300 degrees and bake 1 hour. Serves 10
*you can make it even more southwestern by throwing in a can of chopped green chiles. I never do, but have eaten that way when made by others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I remember this corn bread. Thanks for posting it...it was yummy!
Post a Comment